Breakthrough teachers are young people who choose to make a difference in the lives of Breakthrough students. They are smart, committed, passionate about learning and ready to change lives!
Breakthrough Teaching Fellows Practice Excellence
The pool typically consists highly motivates high school and college students from around the DFW area and the country. Their schools are:
- Austin College
- Bryn Mawr College
- Clark Atlanta University
- Colorado College
- Duke University
- Fort Worth Country Day
- Middleburry College
- New York University
- Oklahoma Baptist University
- Paschal High School
- Purdue University
- Rice University
- Rochester Institute of Technology
- Scripps College
- Southern Methodist University
- St. John’s School (New Hampshire)
- Texas A&M University
- Texas Academy of Biomedical Sciences
- Texas Christian University
- The Ohio State University
- Trimble Tech High School
- Trinity Valley School
- University of Arkansas
- University of Chicago
- University of Oklahoma
- University of Rochester
- University of Texas at Austin
- Vanderbilt University
Breakthrough Teaching Fellows Show Initiative
Breakthrough Teaching Fellows Are Intentional
- Breakthrough teaching fellows are in various organizations across their campuses, and many of them are leaders or have even founded organizations on their campus.
- Breakthrough teaching fellows are able to set goals, long and short, and, regardless of the challenges they face, they are always able to find a way to achieve them! They are purposeful in their actions and why they have committed to being a Breakthrough teaching fellow.
Breakthrough Teaching Fellows Invest in Others
- Breakthrough is about the students, and Breakthrough teaching fellows know that! They willingly “Keep Kids in Focus” and work together every day to ensure that they are collectively committed to and invested in Breakthrough students.
Breakthrough Teaching Fellows Persist
- A summer at Breakthrough is hard work and for many teaching fellows, a summer at Breakthrough becomes the hardest job they have ever done in their lives! However, Breakthrough teaching fellows express an ability to push through any and all challenges because they are deeply committed to ensuring the best summer and education possible for Breakthrough students.