Beyond the Classroom Overview
We understand that some of the greatest opportunities for learning occur outside of the classroom.
That’s why Fort Worth Country Day has a long tradition of providing an abundance of rich learning experiences beyond the classroom.
Cross-curricular, interdisciplinary and culturally enriching opportunities abound at FWCD. They weave together disparate subjects into a fabric of meaning for students. Here are just some examples:
- Service Learning enriches both students and the community by encouraging students to participate in programs that add to the quality of life for the citizens of FWCD, Fort Worth, and beyond.
- Student Council gives students at all grade levels the chance to be involved in civic matters pertaining to the School community and to develop and enhance leadership skills.
- The Awesomeness Initiative allows Middle Schoolers to hone in on topics that they find fascinating through ungraded elective courses taught by a teacher who shares their passion.
- Through the Capstone program, Seniors explore, research, create and present an interdisciplinary, summary project on a topic they find meaningful, under the guidance of an advisor.
- The School cultivates global competence in all JK-12 students by weaving global perspectives into the curriculum, working with local partners to contribute to our Fort Worth community, and providing meaningful international travel and hosting exchanges through the Center for International Studies.
- The 4-H program provides opportunities for students and their families to gain the skills needed to be proactive forces in their communities and develop ideas for a more innovative economy.