Fort Worth Country Day’s junior kindergarten (JK) is a “bridge” program designed for children who will be 5 years old by August 31, have completed FWCD’s kindergarten admission process and need the gift of time to continue to learn and grow for an additional year.
The learning day begins at 8 a.m. and ends at 1 p.m. Extended care options are available through the campus-based SOAR program.
Inspiring a passion to learn and discover from the start is the key to developing long-term problem-solving skills, independence and creativity.
- Individualized Attention
- Structured Program
- Small Class Size
- Differentiated Curriculum
- Limited number of spots available
- This is where Falcons begin their JK-12 journey
- Junior kindergarten provides a bridge, as children gain the independence and confidence needed to transition to a kindergarten classroom.
- A small class size enables students to receive highly individualized attention.
- Teachers work with students to determine differentiated curriculum based on their needs and interests, dividing the class into small groups for literacy, writing and math.
- Junior kindergarten teachers work closely with kindergarten teachers to ensure the magical traditions of both grades are kept sacred while creating cohesive curriculums.
- The curriculum in our structured program prepares your child for a successful transition to FWCD kindergarten and beyond.
- Junior kindergarten fosters the building of self-esteem, self-confidence, social skills and responsibility, all while providing a warm and welcoming environment for ultimate growth.