Mission, Core Values, Philosophy
The mission of Fort Worth Country Day School is to foster the intellectual, physical, emotional, and ethical development of capable students through an academically rigorous college preparatory program that integrates the arts and athletics.
The purpose of Fort Worth Country Day is to inspire the passion to learn, the courage to lead and the commitment to serve.
The core values of Fort Worth Country Day School set forth a standard of conduct that is the foundation of productive life. These values provide an ethical compass and give purpose to education. They include:
Consistency in thought and adherence in action to principles of truth, honesty, trustworthiness, and sincerity.
- We are just and honorable in all of our actions.
- We tell the truth.
- We seek to distinguish between right and wrong and strive to do what is right.
- We uphold our commitments and honor our word.
Acting with consideration, compassion, and empathy for others.
- We help and support each other.
- We treat others politely.
- We consider the feelings and needs of others.
- We interact with others in a positive, thoughtful, and cooperative manner.
Internal strength enabling one to act, venture, or persevere in the face of difficulty.
- We persevere through adversity and recognize obstacles as opportunities for growth.
- We take the risks necessary to achieve that which is right.
- We adhere to higher principles regardless of difficulty or influence.
- We sacrifice our personal interest to serve the greater community.
Acting with fairness, courtesy, and sensitivity to others and the community.
- We use good manners and tact.
- We listen to others and consider their opinions.
- We honor our differences.
- We act with impartiality and fairness.
Acting in accordance with what is right in the absence of authority and being accountable for one's behavior to one's self and others.
- We are accountable for our words, actions, and deeds.
- We can be trusted and depended upon to fulfill our obligations.
- We value self-discipline and hard work.
- We strive to serve others and our community.
Establishing a foundation of knowledge and skills that enables higher cognitive processes.
- We pursue academic excellence in teaching and learning.
- We recognize that initiative, knowledge, and understanding create an enriched life.
- We develop critical judgment to help in determining what is relevant and what is genuine.
- We make learning part of our lives and not exclusively part of school.
At Fort Worth Country Day,
- We believe that understanding and respecting differences not only inspires compassion and empathy, but also fosters intellectual curiosity and creativity.
- We embrace the diverse cultures, experiences and perspectives that comprise and enhance our learning environment.
- We commit to sustaining and growing an intentionally inclusive community.
Fort Worth Country Day School offers an advanced curriculum, comprehensive in its emphasis of the humanities, sciences, arts, and athletics. The School values diversity in its community and encourages openness of thought and freedom of inquiry. Through its program, the School seeks to develop enthusiastic, thinking, well-rounded, and responsible citizens equipped for success in college and life.
The School sees education as both a personal journey requiring guidance and a systematic process built upon knowledge, experience, and hard work. Collectively, these components promote understanding, imagination, and reason. The purpose, mission, and core values of Fort Worth Country Day unify the school community and guide everyday decisions and institutional policies. The School has high expectations for student achievement, parent support, and teacher performance. Success requires the community to work together with trust and confidence.
FWCD: A School of Significance
Fort Worth Country Day is an important institution, important not only in the lives of its students, but also in the fabric of the city and of every city around the globe where our graduates become productive citizens. Those of us involved in the School today are charged with building on Country Day's countless well-documented successes and taking our students and our community to still loftier heights.
Take some time to explore our 2018 strategic plan aspirations for the future of Country Day to learn more about where we are and our commitment to where we want to be, going forward.