Full summer teacher assistants must commit to volunteering the entire summer. Full summer TAs are required to be at the program from 7:45 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. except in unusual circumstances (i.e., doctor’s appointments or illnesses). These volunteers will:
- Learn strategies to write and teach a great lesson plan
- Implement teaching strategies in the classroom
- Help out the teachers with their classes every day
- Help out in the office with filing, copying, etc.
- Assist with translations during parent/teacher conferences
- Help teachers facilitate clubs
All applicants will be evaluated solely on the quality of their application and interview combined. Full summer TAs are expected to possess the following qualities:
- The ability to relate to individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Willingness and enthusiasm to work with students and teachers to create a fun learning environment
If you are unable to commit to a full six-week period, we encourage you to look into additional volunteer opportunities that we have available during the summer.