The core values of Fort Worth Country Day School set forth a standard of conduct that is the foundation of productive life. These values provide an ethical compass and give purpose to education.
Integrity: consistency in thought and adherence in action to principles of truth, honesty, trustworthiness, and sincerity
* We are just and honorable in all of our actions.
* We tell the truth.
* We seek to distinguish between right and wrong and strive to do what is right
* We uphold our commitments and honor our word.
Kindness: acting with consideration, compassion, and empathy for others.
* We help and support each other.
* We treat others politely.
* We consider the feelings and needs of others.
* We interact with others in a positive, thoughtful, and cooperative manner.
Courage: internal strength enabling one to act, venture, or persevere in the face of difficulty.
* We persevere through adversity and recognize obstacles as opportunities for growth.
* We take the risks necessary to achieve that which is right.
* We adhere to higher principles regardless of difficulty or influence.
* We sacrifice our personal interest to serve the greater community.
Respect: acting with fairness, courtesy, and sensitivity to others and the community
* We use good manners and tact.
* We listen to others and consider their opinions.
* We honor our differences.
* We act with impartiality and fairness.
Responsibility: acting in accordance with what is right in the absence of authority and being accountable for one's behavior to one's self and others
* We are accountable for our words, actions, and deeds.
* We can be trusted and depended upon to fulfill our obligations.
* We value self-discipline and hard work.
* We strive to serve others and our community.
Scholarship: establishing a foundation of knowledge and skills that enables higher cognitive processes
* We pursue academic excellence in teaching and learning.
* We recognize that initiative, knowledge, and understanding create an enriched life.
* We develop critical judgment to help in determining what is relevant and what is genuine.
* We make learning part of our lives and not exclusively part of school.